Thursday, August 20, 2009
The legend of 1900
I like this movie. It talked about a life. A person who born, lived and died in a ship. The way he thinked and how he looked at the world are very differences. He was a talented pianist and his music has vitality. It is because his inspiration came from people and he played for people.
In fact, i like the story lines:
" You're never really done for as long as you got a good story and someone to tell it to."
There was a time, he was thinking of getting off the ship because he had fallen in love with a girl. He wanted to look for her and started a family. However, in the middle of the ladder to go down, he choose to turn back to the ship. WHY?
//"All that city, you just counldnt see an end to it. You please just show me where it ends? It wasnt what I saw that stopped me, it was what I didnt see. What I didnt see. In all that srawling city, there was everything except an end. There was no end. What i did not see was where the whole thing came to an end, the end of the world. You take a piano. The key begins, the key end, you know there are 88 of them, nobody can tell you any different. They are not infinite, you are infinite. On those key, the music that you can make is infinite. I like that, which I can live by. If you get me up on that gangway and you roll out in front of me a keyboard of millions and billions of keys that never end, that keyboard is infinite. When it is infinite, there is no music you can play, you are sitting on the wrong bench. Did you see the streets? There were thousands of them and how do you do it down there? How do you choose just one? One lover, one house, one piece of land and one way to die? All the world just weighing down on you, you dun even know where it comes to an end. Arent you just scared of breaking apart at the thought of it, the enormity of living it?//
//I was borned on the ship and the world passed me by. Everytime, there were people aboard the ship and there were wishes here, with never more than fit between prow and stern. You played out your happiness on a piano that was not infinite. I learned to live that way. Land, is a ship too big for me, is a women too beautiful, is a voyage too long, is a perfume too strong. It is music I dunno how to make, I could never get off this ship. At best, I can step off my life. After all, I dun exist for anyone. //
The past shape a person. WHen the world passed me by, it meant sth. WHen a person experiences sth, it also meant sth. Hmm..
If dunno about what a person has gone through, where should we stand to say. What can we say? If never try to understand their world, den we can never see the world that the others are watching. Can we say that the world of land is the best? Even best for a ship person? DO we really know what the right thing is, what the wrong thing is, what the good thing is and what the bad thing is? The person who lived their life, choose. There are no standards.
The infinity and the uncertainty played a big role in our life. No one can deny. And, so? Simple is the answer for me. Will I be happier when I get the bigger and more? Isnt it too enormity to live with?
Choose the role that most suitable to be played and dun go beyond wat cannot be borne. HIs role is to be a pianist in the ship and bring happiness for people who are in the ship. Will the vitality of his music lose, if he go to the land? Hmm...People always lives in the life now and then imagine the other way of life. Always, beautifying everything and forget about the effect brought by the new environment. The reality is not the same as what has been imagined, the world is a game of losing and gaining.
In fact, i like the story lines:
" You're never really done for as long as you got a good story and someone to tell it to."
There was a time, he was thinking of getting off the ship because he had fallen in love with a girl. He wanted to look for her and started a family. However, in the middle of the ladder to go down, he choose to turn back to the ship. WHY?
//"All that city, you just counldnt see an end to it. You please just show me where it ends? It wasnt what I saw that stopped me, it was what I didnt see. What I didnt see. In all that srawling city, there was everything except an end. There was no end. What i did not see was where the whole thing came to an end, the end of the world. You take a piano. The key begins, the key end, you know there are 88 of them, nobody can tell you any different. They are not infinite, you are infinite. On those key, the music that you can make is infinite. I like that, which I can live by. If you get me up on that gangway and you roll out in front of me a keyboard of millions and billions of keys that never end, that keyboard is infinite. When it is infinite, there is no music you can play, you are sitting on the wrong bench. Did you see the streets? There were thousands of them and how do you do it down there? How do you choose just one? One lover, one house, one piece of land and one way to die? All the world just weighing down on you, you dun even know where it comes to an end. Arent you just scared of breaking apart at the thought of it, the enormity of living it?//
//I was borned on the ship and the world passed me by. Everytime, there were people aboard the ship and there were wishes here, with never more than fit between prow and stern. You played out your happiness on a piano that was not infinite. I learned to live that way. Land, is a ship too big for me, is a women too beautiful, is a voyage too long, is a perfume too strong. It is music I dunno how to make, I could never get off this ship. At best, I can step off my life. After all, I dun exist for anyone. //
The past shape a person. WHen the world passed me by, it meant sth. WHen a person experiences sth, it also meant sth. Hmm..
If dunno about what a person has gone through, where should we stand to say. What can we say? If never try to understand their world, den we can never see the world that the others are watching. Can we say that the world of land is the best? Even best for a ship person? DO we really know what the right thing is, what the wrong thing is, what the good thing is and what the bad thing is? The person who lived their life, choose. There are no standards.
The infinity and the uncertainty played a big role in our life. No one can deny. And, so? Simple is the answer for me. Will I be happier when I get the bigger and more? Isnt it too enormity to live with?
Choose the role that most suitable to be played and dun go beyond wat cannot be borne. HIs role is to be a pianist in the ship and bring happiness for people who are in the ship. Will the vitality of his music lose, if he go to the land? Hmm...People always lives in the life now and then imagine the other way of life. Always, beautifying everything and forget about the effect brought by the new environment. The reality is not the same as what has been imagined, the world is a game of losing and gaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment